Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2.1.4 released

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2.1.4 released
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 23:14:59 +0400

On Tuesday 08 April 2003 13:55, David Turner wrote:

|     Enough is enough, and I've just released FreeType 2.1.4 (codename:
| "Never A Dull Moment" :-) The package is available from the usual sources,
| whose addresses are found below:
|
|        http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3157
|        ftp://ftp.freetype.org/freetype/freetype2/

[...]
|========================= LATEST CHANGES BETWEEN 2.1.4 and 2.1.3

[...]
|     II. IMPORTANT CHANGES
|
|       - David Chester contributed some enhancements to the auto-hinter that
|         significantly increase the quality of its output. The Postscript
| hinter was also improved in several ways..
|
|       - the FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT render mode was implemented

Hello David,

Is this new mode accessible from ftview?
(same question about FT_RENDER_MODE_SMOOTH )

I am also curious wether it's possible to define some environment variable or
so - to test those new rendering modes with recent Qt 3.1/KDE 3.1
Or should I just build several FreeType copies and switch them dynamically, by
hand?.. :-)