Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free internet (technologically)

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free internet (technologically)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:06:37 +0100

Good news regrading an old post....

<www.argos.co.uk> is working on Mozilla.
If I remember correctly the serverside technology seems to have changed to a more free model.

My current Mozilla version is 'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030617'

Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:

Hello all,

Once again the online facility for ARGOS lets me down when using Mozilla 1.4b.
<http://www.argos.co.uk/static/gecko.html>

A special page for Gecko!.

This page is no more  there.
So I think they have  done some good.

The same error for gecko! is spewed out for Konqueror.

If I remember right I have browsed through their website in the past and got stuck with the ecommerce bit.
But I might have used Opera

Ignoring ARGOS, is this menace to free software on the decline or resurgent?

I will write a 'thank you' note to Argos.

A related question....does not anyone know of a *fully* free software running internet cafe in the UK or anywhere else?

Best wishes,

Ramanan