Re: [Fsfe-uk] FLOSS accounting package

From: Seb James
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] FLOSS accounting package
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:16:07 +0000

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 10:55 +0000, Chris Croughton wrote:
> At last year's AGM there was a guy (sorry I've forgotten his name) who
> was writing a FLOSS accounting package.  With the recent news that
> Quicken is going to be killed off, this seems like a good time to push
> such a thing and possibly to put some of the AFFS sponsorship money into
> it.

phpOrganisation has been in development for over a year now and I just
released an important version yesterday (0.5.1).

You can read about it at www.phporg.net. This is perhaps more of a
Quicken replacement than PayThyme, as that software is a Payroll program
for medium businesses, whereas phpOrganisation is a full accounts
package for small businesses.

hoping it's of interest.

Seb James

(p.s. Chris, sorry for sending the last email directly to you)
--
Sebastian James - Embedded Systems.
Hypercube Systems Ltd 'Embedded Linux Solutions'