fsfwww-translators-es-discuss

Re: [FSF] january fsf supporter

From: Carim Fadil
Subject: Re: [FSF] january fsf supporter
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 14:39:38 -0300

Hey victor, I know you think you are the master of translations for volunteering in this list, and setting up the pad or whatever else you do, but I had to correct many times awful mistakes you made and never did it in those terms.
Firstly, I never use automatic translations tools, I have a pretty good level of english, of course I'm not perfect but I'm C1 level certified by Cambridge, and so I have a little background knowledge about tools, translations, where to look for them, what to read. In several cases I've used Longman Use Of English Dictionary as it provides with context, and in more than one ocasion I've devoted time to read full articles in english to understand what is it we are talking about, in order to translate ideas, not words. I think that that is the best way to proced.
And now, returning to this particular issue, I translated that in that way following the style of the text, which was funny and casual, relaxed, so I thought it was the right thing to do, maintaining the style. If you thoght differently, you could've changed it, or discussed it in the chat, or something other than saying I use automatic tools, as I think I proven I don't during past translations in which I've helped.
But hey! If you prefer to feel superior, great!

've phun!

Hi.

Great, but... translate it's something more than copy/paste a text
from an automatic tool. Yep, do you think that this is a right
translation?

Item 13

"Hay noticias particularmente enormes en esta actualización,
incluyendo algo acerca de financiar algo tipo oh esto debería
ayudarnos a nosotros a sacar MediaGlobin 1.0 a la calle, más algo
acerca del trabajo en estándares que estamos haciedo, algo algo.
Entonces sumerjámosnos y resolvamos todos esos algo, no?"

I don't think so. Please use automatic tools for single words or
something like that, and then review, and give a "human touch". That
translation it's really bad.

And please give the right format to text (something really easy like
### or <>), and add the titles to "índice".

Thanks for your work, but please do it in the right way, if not, it's
not very helpful...

best

El 01/02/16 a las 16:49, Carim Fadil escribió:
> Good afternoon (here), happy february and 2016 for all of you,
> free software supporters! Sorry for the delay, I truly forgot about
> this I just finished translating the few items that were missing.
>
> Proofreading most welcome!
>
> Cheers!

> <mailto:address@hidden>>:
>
> Hi listmates
>
> HAPPY GNU Year!!
>
> Here you have the pad to start the translation for the first
> supporter of this new year 2016.
>
> https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/fsf_supporter_enero_2016
>
> If you have spare time, follow that link and translate, or fix some
> item s.
>
> 've phun!!

> -- *Carim Fadil*

- --
GPG Key: 0xC9B7E22A
Aprende a proteger la privacidad de tu correo:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/es/