fsfwww-translators-es-discuss

Re: [FSF] january fsf supporter

From: victorhck
Subject: Re: [FSF] january fsf supporter
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 19:06:56 +0100

Hi.

El 01/02/16 a las 18:39, Carim Fadil escribió:
> Hey victor, I know you think you are the master of translations
> for volunteering in this list, and setting up the pad or whatever
> else you do,

I don't think so.

> but I had to correct many times awful mistakes you made and never
> did it in those terms.

for sure! my english skills are not very high, so for sure I made
mistakes! (even right now writing this)

> Firstly, I never use automatic translations tools, I have a pretty
> good level of english, of course I'm not perfect but I'm C1 level
> certified by Cambridge, and so I have a little background knowledge
> about tools, translations, where to look for them, what to read. In
> several cases I've used Longman Use Of English Dictionary as it
> provides with context, and in more than one ocasion I've devoted
> time to read full articles in english to understand what is it we
> are talking about, in order to translate ideas, not words. I think
> that that is the best way to proced.

That English skills are very necessary here for make a great
translations. Please continue doing great a great work.

> And now, returning to this particular issue, I translated that in
> that way following the style of the text, which was funny and
> casual, relaxed, so I thought it was the right thing to do,
> maintaining the style. If you thoght differently, you could've
> changed it, or discussed it in the chat, or something other than
> saying I use automatic tools, as I think I proven I don't during
> past translations in which I've helped.

mailing list it's a useful tool to discuss. Well, now it's very clear
that you don't use automatic tools to do your translations.

Maybe the text I post was a bad example, you are right, it's hard to
translate the original text, and trying to give the right meaning to
sentence. Sorry for that.

> But hey! If you prefer to feel superior, great!

I don't have that feeling. Sorry if i gave that impression.

> 've phun!

idem