gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] nextsteps

From: Micha
Subject: [gcmd-dev] nextsteps
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 19:50:17 +0200

Ok, folks.

Summer's over (huh, what?!) and we're looking forward to another
golden autumn :) ...time to pick up things again, inbetween !

Your last tarball version 1.2.1, Piotr, still says "Unable to find the help
files in either ${datarootdir}/gnome-commander/gnome/help/gnome-commander
or /usr/share/gnome/help/gnome-commander." ... so...what the heck.
I think keyxboard-shortcut help would be very much desirable, one needs
to discover that world to get the best out of gc....as the next topic
illuminates.
Highlights, sorry ;)

The renaming-in-line feature, as is, is a pain since i have to move mouse
way down the context menu (it's rather long here) then move way up again to
the file, and if i miss the focus field by an nanometer it's immediately gone.
On average, i need 2 or even 3 attempts for each renaming since i use to move
mouse very fast, easily crossing the field at first.
It would help very much if there's a keyboard shortcut which focuses the field
automatically.

Nonetheless of these features, gc is still my favourite file manager :)

 m°