gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] Steering Committee nominations

From: Andrew Cagney
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] Steering Committee nominations
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:31:32 -0500

From: David Carlton <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:49:04 -0800

* As Ian pointed out, it's sometimes important for the steering
  committee to have a feel for the effects of changes on GDB's source
  code.  For example, I don't see how the GCC steering committee would
  have been able to decide whether or not to merge tree-ssa into GCC
  3.5 without that sort of data.

Sorry, I don't see the difficulty.  Given enough technical information
about pros and cons (if the available info is not enough, the
committee members can ask questions and/or read the code), an
experienced programmer with good understanding of GDB's use and
general structure should have no problems of making such decisions.
Software project managers do that for their living every day.

Yes.

Andrew