Re: [Ghm-discuss] GNU Hackers Meeting - offer to host next meeting in Go

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GNU Hackers Meeting - offer to host next meeting in Gothenburg, Sweden
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:53:40 +0000

At Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:27:40 +0100,
Henrik Sandklef wrote:
> I see a risk/chance of both increasing and decreasing the participants
> going for multiple meetings.
>
> Given multiple meetings I believe:
>
> * we will, all in all, have more GNU hackers coming together
> * we will have less people at the various meetings
> ...  good and bad .... what a cliche

Yes, I think the first is probably more important.  Provided there are
say >10 people I think one could have a good meeting, regardless of
the total number.  Even with 20 people in Bristol I think I probably
didn't get to talk properly with half of them.

We haven't heard anything from Stepan so maybe the Brno option will
not work out.

> I suggest trying to "hi jack" other events and do our meeting just
> before or after them as often as possible. FOSDEM, FSCONS, SFSCON ....
> are but examples. This would give hackers two reasons to come, the ghm
> and the conference. More value for the money ;)

One problem is the need for a local organiser, although that's not a
problem in your case.

--
Brian Gough