Re: [glob2-devel] New unit proposal

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New unit proposal
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 01:21:50 +0200

> Here two suggestions Slann and me have discussed. The latest revision is
> from me, so Slann is not responsible if it's bad ;-)

Well if this is done - it must be done in the logic of glob2 where you don't
control units - but buildings!! So for instance you produce these units, then
you put down a specific flag and then the units go there and do the job
you've told them to do there (depending on the attribute you have set on the
magic flag) like conversion, depression, make the area where it is dark
again, hunt explorers, etc. Yes that may add some fun gameplay if it's well
tuned and works in harmony with glob2's logic.

Another element that gives a lot of information to the enemy is the resources
you use, because each user doesn't have it's own resource map. so you can see
your enemy's resource consummation - and that is a very valuable information!
If it's not too hard to implement a cache of the resources per user that
should be done because it would add a lot of interest to the explorers.

If this per-user resource cache is hard to do - i have another suggestion,
after a while the revealed land could get dark again (because old regions get
forgotten). And perfect solution would be to make things get progressively
dark after a while, that would look really neat! Like a radar - but slowly -
and each time an explorer flies by (or any other unit walks by) it gets
refreshed and brights up again. wow! :)

Gabriel