Re: [glob2-devel] the beginning of mac OS X development

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] the beginning of mac OS X development
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:37:44 -0700

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
It took me forever to solve that simple problem, I do not like makefiles :/

It is not makefiles the real problem, it is the whole autotools stuff. We decided to use it on the basis it was a de-facto standard but if I had to choose again a new build system, I would choose otherwise.

Have a nice day,

Steph

well, since I'm having some major issues due to autotools, what about after Bradley finishes the new unit allocation system, we release it as a 1.0 public release, and then do a complete rewrite using a different building system?

With the rewrite we can also work on making it easy to develop from any system and I plan on doing some major help with the documentation that will work with doxygen which I've been studying. Would it also be worth switching to subversion at the same time? Or do you guys like cvs more?

If we do it that way, we can also spend some time here and there on 1.0 as people submit more bugs.

If you guys are up for doing that, maybe an irc session for brainstorming would be nice?

random thoughts while I'm bored in bio class.

cheers,
Kyle