Re: [glob2-devel] more SCons questions

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] more SCons questions
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 00:30:06 +0100

> All you need to do is set up a the env.Install, and use the Alias to make
> one 'debbuild' install all the files to the temporary deb directory.

But it will execute the copy once main() is called in SConstruct, so I have to
call the system command "build-dpkg ..." after all copies have been done.

> > The web
> > page I found about making debs does seems to do it another way, by
> > executing
> > commands from SConscript, using Copy() and not using the deferred
> > mechanism.
>
> Either way works, really.

It seems strange to be that there is no reason, for instance some subtile
dependencies management, for deferring the copy. It is less intuitive than
direct copy.

Have a nice day,

Steph

--