glob2-ideas

Re: [Glob2-ideas] non-flat terrain

From: Fernando
Subject: Re: [Glob2-ideas] non-flat terrain
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 22:13:43 +0200

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 6:02 PM, St?phane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
For terrain graphics, I think it is not so undoable. A long time ago (around
2000), between glob 1 and glob 2, I did various 3d isometric tests, one of
which is linked below. At the time I dropped the idea because it was
too slow but I think that now it may be ok. See:
http://cp.magnenat.net/%7Enct/glob1.8.test.png
http://cp.magnenat.net/%7Enct/glob1.8.test.zip

Feel have a look and give your feelings about that.

Have a nice day,

Steph

--
http://stephane.magnenat.net

Hello
Wow! that's looking pretty good!
If there's a lack of artists maybe switching to a 3D engine will improve the situation. Animated sprites are harder to create since each frame of the animation has to be drawn for the different directions and views..

The current graphics could still be used as 2D objects, but if they are put on a 3D landscape I think it would be really nice.. and it can be done by coding, no longer an artists problem.

cheers ^^

--
Ferk

Greased Lightbox