glob2-ideas

Re: [Glob2-ideas] non-flat terrain

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [Glob2-ideas] non-flat terrain
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:20:49 +0200

> In fact I was thinking to use the food cost as pathfinding deltas, which of
> course would require 16bits tiles in pathfinding, but that might still be ok.

That would cause the same problem. Paths whose costs differ on the
way back are bad for our "greedy 3-point pathfinding".

Another way around that would be to make speed dependent on height
and not on slope. This would probably be less intuitive, but it could be
the cause of relativity (higher gravity -> slower time) or thin air (globs
physiologically less adapted -> slower speed) - depending on
whether we make movements in valleys slower or faster.

I would like to have that height-time dependence at least as a mod.
--
Kai Antweiler