Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR problem with 2.0rc4

From: nicolas prochazka
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR problem with 2.0rc4
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:35:34 +0100

More ,
In fact, I cannot say that's self healing work very well.
I'm trying to cp some big file ( 10g ) . fewer is ok, but all of them
are partially copied
so on first server my file is 10g  ( ok ) but in the second = 8g : not
ok   and synchro does not occur.
I'm trying to umount without success, i 'm trying to set option
favorite child to first server and umount, without success, and i 'im
trying to delete on storage of server two , same problem, and this
file is never seen now.

So , i change the config client :

subvolumes brick_10.98.98.2 brick_10.98.98.1   =>  subvolumes
brick_10.98.98.1 brick_10.98.98.2

and now, client mount point see file ( that i remove on server two ) ,
then self healing can begin.
( but the size in storage of server two keep 0 size , just the file is
create .... )

So we say it seems have to be a lot of weird problem, first at all,
why order in subvolumes is so important ?

Regards,
Nicolas Prochazka