Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR problem with 2.0rc4

From: Vikas Gorur
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR problem with 2.0rc4
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:25:21 +0530

2009/3/19 Gordan Bobic <address@hidden>:
> On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:14:18 +0530, Vikas Gorur <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> 2009/3/19 Gordan Bobic <address@hidden>:
>>> How does this affect adding new servers into an existing cluster?
>>
>> Adding a new server will work --- as and when files are accessed, new
>> extended attributes will be written.
>
> And presumably, permanently removing servers should also work the same way?
> I'm only asking because I had a whole array of weird spurious problems
> before when I removed a server and added a new server at the same time.

Removing a server might not work so seamlessly, since the new client
will expect smaller size extended attributes whereas the older files
will have bigger ones. IIRC, this was the source of the errors you
faced ("Numerical result out of range"). Fixes for this are on the
way.

Vikas
--
Engineer - Z Research