gm-users

[Gm-users] Re: more about the gm

From: Dan DeVries
Subject: [Gm-users] Re: more about the gm
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 20:12:38 -0600

Henrik Abelsson wrote:

> >the client doesn't seem to update who is online and some people aren't
> >showing online when my other client shows they
> >are online.  (if you already know about this or it's not complete,
> >sorry)
> >
> Do you have any more details? what protocols?
> There is a bug in the kit protocol, it'll mark everyone as offline when
> it connects. A workaround is to connect the kit protocol first, then the
> others.

Your right about the kit which was the problem half the time.  The protocol
I'm talking about is TOC.
A few users are not showing up that are shown online in gaim.  I wish, I had
more details but since I got the newest CVS
the output from the terminal goes ape shit with funny characters when I sign
on to TOC   ' FLAPONlen=4 doing FLAP SIGNON' <- after this
I just reset my terminal or close it.

> >a normal user probably wouldn't do this but I got a 2nd TOC account and
> >two kit, so I tried to send a message from one
> >GNU messenger to another instance of GNU messenger just to see if it
> >worked.  For everyone but myself it worked fine
> >but when I double clicked the my other user only a gray window
> >appeared.  Just thought I would mention it.
> >
> Strange.. was the tabbed chat option enabled?

Yes, it was on.  I was expecting another window to show up for the other
instance of gm. It not a big deal, I was just trying it