gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] Wierd make problems on Fedora Core 5... cannot find

From: Tim Lockwood
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] Wierd make problems on Fedora Core 5... cannot find upnp.h
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:10:44 +0100

Sorry if this has been asked before, I looked around and found a couple of references to it, but couldn't get the suggested fixes to work for me.

Basically, compilation fails on line 23/24 of 'connectmgr.c', complaining that it can't find 'upnp.h' or 'upnptools.h'. I've downloaded the relevant upnp packages through yum (libupnp 1.3.1 and libupnp-deve) which seems to be fine, and now have these files in /usr/include/upnp (and just for luck I've linked the folder to /usr/local/include/upnp). Still no joy.

My 'c' is rusty as hell, and I have no idea of how to work with makefiles at the moment, but something's clearly being left out of the compiler flags somehow. Could someone suggest the fixes that are needed, would love to free my Netgear box from musicmatch.

Thanks in advance,
Tim