Re: [Gnash-dev] gravity.swf automated testing

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gravity.swf automated testing
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 15:14:41 +0100

Hello strk,

s> I've prepared an automatic testing for our gravity-embedded.swf
s> movie. It works nicely in checkin the textarea scale text
s> comparing it with the expected value, but when really getting
s> the _xscale and _yscale members of the character I get an
s> "unrounded" value:

Hm, this is probably because _xscale read and change the xform matrix
directly (conversion).

s>         PASSED: string(text->get_text_value()) == 44
s>         PASSED: const_cast<character*>(loaded)->get_member("_xscale", &tmp)
s>         FAILED: tmp == '43.999999761581' (expected: 44)

s> Should we return the "rounded" value directly from the _x member

You can *compare* the rounded value but it's not a good idea to use
rounded values for _xscale because the scale does not have to be a
integer value (most of the time, it's not).

s> getter instead, or also: does gravity-embed.swf contain any
s> *rounding* ActionScript code ?

No, nothing. I posted all the AS code in the other mail.

Udo