Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] First stab at fixing an OpenGL bug

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] First stab at fixing an OpenGL bug
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 13:27:54 +0200

Hello strk,

Sunday, June 3, 2007, 7:12:59 PM, you wrote:
s> Also, to avoid redrawing as hell while receiving a long chain of expose
s> events it might be worth having a loop checking for it. IIRC Udo added one
s> mechanism working at SWF FPS rate (wantsRedraw or similar method) but we
might
s> want an SWF agnostic one. See also the Movie_Advancement page on gnashdev
wiki.

Right, that's what it's meant for. Of course, better would be to
redraw only those parts that have been exposed (does GTK tell the
coordinates). Since we introduced SnappingRanges in the meantime, we
should redesign wants_redraw and replace it by a SnappingRange.

Irrespective of that there should be no problem with intermediate
states because the GUI would just wait otherwise and all ActionScript
is done right before rendering a new frame. Maybe video is different,
but at worst some parts of the player get updated earlier and that
should be barely visible.

Udo