Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 08:52:33 +0100

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 01:20:20AM +0100, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
> Hello strk,
>
> Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 12:20:26 AM, you wrote:
> s> It seems you got the "normalization" thing by now :)
>
> I was thinking at normal shapes (coming from the SWF) which don't have
> this problem :)

We can produce all weird cases with Ming, ready to give them a try ?
Also, the testcase you attached was malformed too, I guess your new
implementation fails in that case.

> s> Currently the function does nothing.
>
> Do you have any idea how such a normalization would work? I guess it's
> not that easy since you need to split edges (the "X" case) and reorder
> them, including choosing the correct fill side. Uh oh... :(

We need to produce testcases to expose bugs.
The "old" point_test failed on the curve, but worked for
both the any-clock-wise-with-left-fill and the X case:

        createEmptyMovieClip("inv1", 1);
        with (inv1)
        {
                moveTo(10, 10);
                beginFill(0xFF0000);
                lineTo(20, 10);
                lineTo(10, 20);
                lineTo(20, 20);
                endFill(); // should close to 10,10
        }
        inv1._xscale = inv1._yscale = 400;
        inv1.onRollOver = function() {};

I just tested with revision 1.44 of shape_character_def, and the above
works fine (while it fails with your new implementation).