Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash (Flash) for next system.

From: Dossy Shiobara
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash (Flash) for next system.
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:49:40 -0400

On 2008.06.11, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:
>   Um, as parts of Boost are becoming parts of the C++ libstdc++ library,
> this isn't accurate. We have very light usage of boost, mostly just a few
> typedefs and thread support. It would be entirely possible to use glib
> instead, but you'll have the same problems on win32 as you do with Boost.
> I do find boost drives me crazy sometimes when porting Gnash, bjam truly
> sucks as a build system, and boost barely cross compiles.

I'm not so concerned about Win32 support as Boost is fine there.  I'm
worried about platforms like Haiku that only have GCC 2.x and no Boost
port.

It would be nice to just write our own portable code for what we
actually need, rather than dragging in the whole kitchen sink as a
dependency for just a few dingleberries.

--
Dossy Shiobara              | address@hidden | http://dossy.org/