Re: [Gnash-dev] Help with building a XPI

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Help with building a XPI
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:09:24 +0200

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 03:17:01PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:

> >   Oops, that I'll have to fix. If you change "prerelease" to "trunk", it
> > should work.
>
> Well, I think that it doesn't work from the release tarball, and it
> doesn't work from the release branch (release_0_8_5) either.
>
> I'll try with a version in trunk.

Apparently the resulting binary (gtk-gnash) isn't statically compiled
:/ (it still depends on libspeex, libgnutls, libjpeg, libz, etc.)

Stripping the executable saves 90% of the size, so you might consider
doing that too :)

In addition, I get an error with Firefox 3, "will not be installed
because it does not provide secure updates".  I can only guess that
FF3 requires an https URL for the updates, but I'm not sure. Do you
know about this?

--
Sylvain