Re: [Gnash-dev] Any ideas about drawing character or shape in a bitmap c

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Any ideas about drawing character or shape in a bitmap cache instead of rendering in agg directly?
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 09:36:20 +0200

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 01:55:13AM +0800, Wei Cao wrote:

> So, my idea is add a bitmap cache for each character( or bitmap/gradient
> filled shape only ), when a character is displayed for the first time, agg
> renderer will draw in its bitmap cache, then next time the character is
> showed, agg renderer could simply read from cache and do a blit. The cache
> is cleaned only when the character is rotated or scaled,

I think this is a sensible idea. You'll just have to carefully design
the strategies to decide when to create the cache and when to expire
it. Patches are very welcome.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!