[Gnash-dev] Stable branch of Gnash

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Stable branch of Gnash
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 18:33:34 +0200

Recently there have been several commits to Gnash that break the
testsuite, make Gnash unstable, and have serious issues with code

Unfortunately this means that I have to spend considerable time
reverting faulty changes, reimplementing things properly, and fixing the
testsuite just to stop the damage spreading.

I don't have time to keep doing this, as I have other things to get on
with, some of which involve real improvements to Gnash. It also makes me
very angry and I would like to avoid high blood pressure if at all

If there is one more such commit, I will start to maintain my own stable
branch of Gnash elsewhere and do future work there until the maintenance
of Gnash trunk changes.

The current failures in the ExternalInterface code also need to be
cleaned up quickly, either by reverting recent changes or writing the
code properly.

The current release of Gnash is 0.8.7

Benjamin Wolsey, Software Developer -
C++ and Open-Source Flash blog -