Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: [gNewSense-users] possible error in gen-kernel

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: [gNewSense-users] possible error in gen-kernel builder script
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 00:42:56 +0100

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Sam Geeraerts<address@hidden> wrote:
> Tony schreef:
>> 1) This option does *not* add a ? at the end of each line
>> sed -i 's/^\([^ ?]+\)$/\1 ?/' $i
>> 2) This option (the fixed version of the original) *does* add a question
>> mark at the end of each line
>> sed -i 's/^\([^ ?][^ ?]*\)$/\1 ?/' $i
> Can you explain what the difference is between those two exactly?
>> I agree with Sam, let's comment the line out altogether, then add a
>> comment with what we suspect is correct until we get more information on
>> what these ? actually mean.
> I believe I suggested to leave it as it is, but to add the corrected
> expression in a comment with a note until we know what it means. The most
> logical assumption is that a question mark after the module name makes it
> not required for building Linux.

Exactly. If a module without a question mark is not there, then the
build process will fail. For simplicity, I added question marks to all

Given that the current version is a noop, it's probably best to remove
it. fixup-kernel-wedge should take care of this, but I'll leave it to
Karl to decide what to do.