Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [arch-users] hooks and remote archives

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [arch-users] hooks and remote archives
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:33:15 -0400

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 07:02:40AM -0700, Miles Egan wrote:
> This is a significant minus for arch for us.  We use the commit emails
> as a kind of informal code review process.
>
> I guess I could set up some kind of cron job to send out change mails,
> right?

Yup.  If you've got access to the machine to install a special server (for
CVS or whatever), you can probably also install a cron job; maybe you can
think of the cron job as being kind of like part of `arch server' :-)

Such a cron job should be very simple, about 5 lines of shell script.

[For many people, arch not requiring a special server is a big plus; it may
be for you too, in the case of your individual developers having their own
archives...]

-Miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!