[Gnu-arch-users] Marketing is what it's all about

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Marketing is what it's all about
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 10:22:45 +0900

    Tom> (In contrast, imagine the illustrators' options if the arch
    Tom> icon were, say, a stone arch.)

Since you insist:

                +------------------------+
                |                        |
                | World of Free Software |
                |       Development      |
                |                        |
                +------------------------+
                +------------------------+
                |          Arch          |
                |      +----------+      |
                |     /            \     |
                |    /     Firm     \    |
                |   |   Foundation   |   |
                +^^^+   for better   +^^^+
                         Software

I got that and a half-dozen others in < 60s, although some of them
wouldn't really work with a stone arch, eg a hang-glider transporting
a sequoia under the KC gateway arch, labeled "scalable branch
management".[1]  But the hallucination I really think is appropriate is
Shrek beating back the dragon of Complexity (with apologies to Aho,
Sethi, and Ullman) across the stone arch (of course, with our fearless
leader's features on the hero, I'll even throw in mine on the donkey).

Creativity is as creativity does, man.

(Oh, by the way, this is something I suck at---notice which one I was
able to draw.  Ugh.  Find a decent marketing MBA, and you might go
places.)

Footnotes:
[1]  It's yours.  I suggest you trademark it.  You can't do that with
Shrek, of course; you'll have to dicker with Pixar or whoever it was.