Re: [Gnu-arch-users] may I pick your brains?

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] may I pick your brains?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:50:35 +1100

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 09:26, Brian May wrote:
> Arch supports distributed
> repositories and disconnected operation, ensuring productivity is not
> lost when a connection to a central server cannot be made.

As a possible useful thing for the scriptwriter to keep in mind,
anything that might be "confronting" (eg. "oh no! the programmers
won't commit to the central repository with this feature") can be
simply dealt with by inserting the word "optionally" into the
sentence - of course some of those "optionally"s might might be
driven by policy, but as has been said earlier, you can't stop
programmers from using cp, so it's policy at the end of the day
anyway.

cheers
zen