Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla on nfs only

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla on nfs only
Date: 16 Mar 2004 11:23:48 -0500

>> > "tla changes" doesn't update inode signatures yet, but tla changes --link
>> > will hardlink your tree to the reference tree.  That should speed up future
>> > changeset operations considerably.
>>
>> I don't want to use --link because I don't want risking corrupting my
>> revlib and because I don't want my editor to break links.

> 'Ya know, if yer editor is something like emacs, I'd be unsuprised if
> you could script it to only break links if in an Arch project tree...

Everything's possible, of course.
But if tla updated the inode-sigs (at the time where it would otherwise
hardlink the file back to the revlib), then I wouldn't need to worry about
hardlinking and I'd get the same "one stat" performance.  And that would
still work after I completely erase my revlib.
That's how all other tools work.

        Stefan