Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] apply-delta target directory

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] apply-delta target directory
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 23:30:34 -0400

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Changesets are just fancy diffs.  It's quite reasonable to use them any
> way that diffs are used.

Though today that may be the case, that may not be the case in the
future.  If we leave this behavior in, we become hamstrung and are
implicitely required to allow it. (Basis for reasoning: 'everybody'
gets used to it, and the howls of protest are more painful than not
making the change)

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Well, changesets have almost nothing to do with project tree structure.
>   They take advice from the inventory control files (=tagging-method,
> .arch-inventory, .arch-id) if present, and that's pretty well it.

Today, sure. Tomorrow? What if we wanted changesets that performed some
kind of backflips that would render it useless as a "fancy diff".