Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [NOT-BUG] tla 1.2.2rc1 doesn't accept {arch}/=partn

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [NOT-BUG] tla 1.2.2rc1 doesn't accept {arch}/=partner-versions file.
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 08:58:48 +0200

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 16:30 -0700, Tom Lord wrote:
>     > From: address@hidden (James Blackwell)
>
>     > In fact, let's up the ante a little bit. If you not only find a bug, but
>     > provide a test case that A) passes with 1.2.1 but B) fails with
>     > 1.2.2rc1, I'll _double_ the award!
>
> Now you are taking the development philosophy:
>
>       Make only correctness-preserving/enhancing changes to the
>         program.
>
> to a (eventually dangerous?) new level.

I am not sure I understand what you mean.

The intention does not seem to be "we must not fix old bugs in the
stable version" but more something like "we should not do anything but
fix regressions once rc1 is out".

I expect the various issues which have been raised (apply-delta w/o
default archive, explicit tag of files in {arch}) to be acceptable to
fix in the stable branch once 1.2.2 is out.

--
                                                            -- ddaa