Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unable to 'tla get' from public mirror -- PANIC: I/

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unable to 'tla get' from public mirror -- PANIC: I/O error
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:24:22 -0400

Robin Farine wrote:

As an alternative solution, would it be feasible to completely drop the notion of registering a mirror under a different name? In this case, archive-mirror would take archive locations in arguments instead of archive names.

I see some problems: How would archive-mirror select the location? Also, the interface used by archive-mirror assumes that mirrors have names.

This might cope nicely with a new archive registration mechanism where one archive name maps to many archive locations.

I'm inclined to go along with the current scheme until the new registration mechanism is in place, because any work we do before then would probably be lost.

Aaron
--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology