Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: "Newbie-ized help"

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: "Newbie-ized help"
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:05:46 -0700

On Sep 27, 2004, at 20:52, Miles Bader wrote:

Bullshit.  "add-id" is much more clear as to what the command is doing.

I think there's a subtle difference between what a command does and what a user is trying to accomplish.

I doubt new users (if anybody) will think, ``Hmm... I would like to add an ID to this file or directory so arch will begin tracking it.'' Personally, when I'm using arch, darcs, perforce, or even cvs, it's just ``hey, I want to add this file so it's tracked.'' (or directory if it's not perforce or cvs). What the revision control system does in the background is just a detail.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>