Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: "Newbie-ized help"

From: Cameron Patrick
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: "Newbie-ized help"
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:54:48 +0800

Miles Bader wrote:

>   1) Perhaps there should be a "deprecated" category, to show those
>      deprecated aliases which are now _never_ shown (which would show
>      even more commands than "all").

Why?  People shouldn't be using the deprecated commands (on account of
them being deprecated and all).  If anyone really needs to dig them
up, there's always the list in cmds.c...

>   2) Please show "add-id", not "add".

I'm uncertain about this one.  For the moment, I'm leaving it as
"add", primarily because it's three characters less to type.  In
practice, I use add instead of add-id.  The arch tutorial also
mentions add but not add-id.

Cameron.