[Gnu-arch-users] Re: sharing local archive problems

From: Anand Kumria
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: sharing local archive problems
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:03:13 +1000

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:18:19 -0400, James Blackwell wrote:

> Andrei Voropaev:
>
>> Hm. It is possible for all of us to create our own archives by tagging,
>> and then merging our changes back into single archive. But for certain
>> simple changes it would be nice if my collegue could simply commit his
>> changes in my archive.
>>
> If you insist upon having a shared archive, then you have three choices:
>
> 1. Use a shared account, typically by creating a new account, and adding
> both his and your ssh keys to authorized_keys for that account.

Using ssh keys is just one mechanism to achieve the account sharing. There
are many other possibilities; I've personally found the simplest way to
put users sharing an archive in a group and then perform some sftp-foo to
modify their umask behind their back.

There are also many ways to perform the sftp-umask-foo as well.

Cheers,
Anand