Re: [OT] Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879

From: Lucas Bonnet
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 00:27:20 +0200

>     You're wrong, EMMS is indeed a GNU project.
>
> It seems that EMMS is a GNU package--a separate one.
> I will look at the situation with EMMS and mplayer.

What do you mean by "situation"? EMMS supports several command-line
players; by default they are, in this order :
 - mpg321
 - ogg123
 - mplayer

Which means that EMMS tries mpg321 (for mp3s), ogg123 (for ogg vorbis)
and then mplayer (for pretty much everything else). EMMS does not
recommend the use of mplayer.

Does the simple fact of allowing users to use mplayer means "encouraging"?

Regards,
--
Lucas