Re: [GNU-linux-libre] RLSD GNU/Linux-libre 2.x

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] RLSD GNU/Linux-libre 2.x
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 05:40:27 -0400

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 06:45:27PM +0300, Dima Krasner wrote:

> RLSD is designed to be extremely lightweight, for embedded use,
> revival of old hardware (e.g a libre home web server for cheap) and
> underpowered modern hardware (e.g netbooks).

Perhaps the point is that there are easily available systems
the distro can run on that are sufficiently powerful for development.

For example, you can run a LiveDVD on a HDD-less computer,
and you can't develop the distro in that configuration, but of course
it doesn't mean that distribution shouldn't be self-hosting.

> Embedded systems are only one use case of the distribution.

I'm not sure old hardware really qualifies as embedded.