Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ppc64el support in endorsed distros

From: Andreas Grapentin
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ppc64el support in endorsed distros
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 14:52:45 +0200

Hello Donald,

I am happy to announce that we have managed to successfully bootstrap
parabola for powerpc64le. I attached a screenshot of the first
interactive session of the first successful virtualized boot.

It's of course going to be a lot of work to extend this preliminary port
to a usable distribution - and we will need to talk about how this work
is going to be organized - but at the moment the port is at least
self-hosting, reasonably self-contained, follows the same packaging
guidelines as mainline parabola, and was created entirely on parabola
using only free software.

I'll be back early next week with more information and a downloadable
virtual machine image for everyone to take a look at. My internet
connection at home is unfortunately too unreliable for uploading the
package repositories and the VM image, but I wanted to keep my promise
of delivering something this week ;)

Best,
Andreas

my GPG Public Key:                 https://files.grapentin.org/.gpg/public.key