Re: LilyPond 1.3.148

From: Timothy S. Nelson
Subject: Re: LilyPond 1.3.148
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:53:23 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Jérémie Lumbroso wrote:

> > > - Would it be difficult to include automatic downloading of Python
> > >   and MikTeX if they're not installed?
> >
> > Ok, I'll change the doco to say to install these first.  Thought it
> > said that, but indeed, it doesn't.  I always tested installing
> > lilypond last.
>
> These are real problems. It's not installing Lilypond itself that
> is tidious. It's all the side packages, as are Python, MiKTeX and
> GhostScript (you do need that, because you don't expect most user-
> s to be able to view PS, do you). I think these are what ought to
> be automated rather than anything else.

        I found Aladdin Ghostview to be relatively painless to install (it's
the only way I could figure out to print -- I use Linux for the rest of my
Lilypond stuff, so I don't know about Python/MiKTeX under Windows).
        Btw, if it hasn't been done, we should give links for the places to
obtain the windows versions.

        :)

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: address@hidden | I am                           |
Web: Temporarily unavailable