Re: couple more random q's and c's

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: couple more random q's and c's
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:24:44 +0200

> Hi again.  Just want to report some stuff:
>
> . As the documentation indicates, I added "\property
> Staff.VoltaBracket = \turnOff" to all but one of my voices to prevent
> multiple redundant alternative brackets.  This works fine, but I get
> the following warning from lily:
>
>     warning: Can't find property type-check for `VoltaBracket'.
>     Perhaps you made a typing error? Doing assignment anyway.

It shouldn't be too hard to get rid of these warnings.
On the other hand, it's easier to revert a
Staff.VoltaBracket \override #'molecule-callback = #'()
so that may be the preferred solution anyway.

> . Mads, I'm having trouble with your Score.breakAlignOrder suggestion.
> If I put it near the beginning of my file, then I get the correct
> result for the clef, but the ordering and "look" of other things is
> wrong.  (E.g., key signatures appear before clefs.)  Also, I get:
> warning: unknown spacing pair `Key_item', `Clef_item'.

Yes, a better solution is probably to keep move the Staff_bar
within the list:

      \property Score.breakAlignOrder=#'(
          Instrument_name
          Left_edge_item
          Span_bar
          Breathing_sign
          Staff_bar
          Clef_item
          Key_item
          Time_signature
          Custos
        )

For the ugly error message, I hope you and Han-Wen can sort it out.

> One more question: The brackets for alternative endings seem to be
> placed independently.  That is, if one of the endings has higher
> notes, its bracket will appear higher than the other.  Is there a way
> to force both brackets to be placed at the same vertical level (the
> higher of the two)?

The problem is that the two brackets are separate grobs. I don't
know if it's possible to get aligned brackets without introducing
some common grob for all the alternative endings. A workaround is
described in

    /Mats