Re: Comparing PackageFS and GNU PM

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Comparing PackageFS and GNU PM
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:55:05 +0200

   But it does not affect in the / translator.  This latter has to be
   implemented anyway in order to show in /bin the files that
   PackageFS put into /packages/*/bin and so on.

Ok, I think see what you are suggestion.  And I don't think this is a
good idea; if I think I know what you think.

Having to write a specific translator that "puts" things in
/packages/* is not the way to go.  It is far far simpler to have one
translator that just follows a link/directory that is created in
/packages from the start without a extra layer.  I don't even see the
purpose of such a layer.

The idea is just to have a translator, be it on / or whatever, that
when you create a link in /packages it will follow that link, and then
update /bin /lib etc.

So I don't see the purpose of what you have suggested.

Happy hacking.