Re: A proposed Roadmap

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: A proposed Roadmap
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 11:02:51 +0200 (CEST)

   I for one have very little idea of what the GNU system is intended to
   look like, not with respect to kernel hacking or super-advanced features
   or driver implementations, but simply from a basic user and/or sysadmin
   perspective.  Which I think is one reason why it is hard for anyone
   (outside the inner circle) to figure out how they can contribute.

   Is there any specifications, guidelines, roadmaps, examples, or other
   documentation about what "GNU" is intended to look like?  I.e., the
   target we are presumably all aiming for?

I think the short term goal (which is not that short) is to get GNU
into the same state that GNU/Linux is, i.e. have GNOME running nicely,
a simple installer, etc.  I doubt we will ever be immensly different
from GNU/Linux, it is after all a GNU system!