Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:08:40 +0100

Hi Felipe,

I sympathize with what you’re saying.

FWIW, the distro built by the GNU Guix project has been making steady
progress.  It’s surely far from being a “drop-in replacement” for
Trisquel or other established distros yet, but I think it’s becoming
quite good for hacker-style use cases, although it needs more testing.

Continuing with the same rate, we may well have 0.9 in 4 months and 1.0
in 8 months.

That leaves a bit of time to resolve the naming issue.  In the meantime,
I hope the project can gain more support from interested GNU hackers!

Thanks,
Ludo’.