Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 16:55:16 -0200

Em Sat, 22 Nov 2014 06:52:12 -0500
address@hidden (Alfred M. Szmidt) escreveu:

> The project goal was to make _a_ free system.

The GNU project's goal is to develop a free operating system.  Like
the majority of other free programs its development never ends before
people's need.

> One of the original goals of GUIX was always to make a distribution.

Programs don't have goals by themselves; people developing them do.
It's correct to say that one of the main goals of the Guix team is to
make a GNU distribution.  GNU Guix isn't a distribution, however: it's
a packager manager.  Please, think clearly --- don't conflate related
but distinct things.

> Being A GNU maintainer does not give you the right to be on any
> specific list, nor to be unfriendly here or any where else, rather it
> puts a higher bar on how you behave.  Maybe you are having a bad week,
> I do not know.

You are unnecessarily dramatic.  Have I offended you?  To hold a point
different of yours and to point out some of your errors is not
trolling.  As I see it, you should be more rational, and take
constructive critics into consideration.

> But as the administrator of this list, it is my job to keep the tone
> friendly here -- please keep a friendly tone and there is no
> problem.  Do you think you can do that?

How about you stop threatening me?  Are you willing to use your
privileged position and abuse of your power, just because I don't
agree with you?  That's ridiculous.

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;