gnuastro-devel

[sr #110952] agstscript-zero errors on --hdu=0

From: INVALID.NOREPLY
Subject: [sr #110952] agstscript-zero errors on --hdu=0
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 12:13:46 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #3, sr #110952 (project gnuastro):

[comment #1 comment #1:]
> Thank you very much for the bug you cashed and reported here.
>
> Fortunately, it was so easy and I could fix and implement it in the this
commit:
[https://gitlab.com/Sepideh.Esk/gnuastro/-/commit/dbeff8d085b46a0e817383904e9146f74dd424fe
zeropoint-commit]

> But I should say that it up to Mohammad Akhlaghi to merge it into the main
branch.

> Until Mohammad merge it you can temporary fix your problem with following
command and put your input in first extension. Because in Gnuastro programs by
default it consider all the inputs are in first extension. After running the
below command 'output.fits' has data in HDU 1 and you can use this program
without problem.

Thank you very much, didn't noticed your reply. Your simple approach worked.
Subtracting the sky worked because it created another output fits file that I
passed to astscript-zero -h1 ....
Do you by any chance know a practical tutorial for zero point computation
and/or photometric calibration, in order to make sure I'm doing every step
correctly ?

> astfits input.fits --copy=0 --output=output.fits

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?110952>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/