gnuastro-devel

[sr #110952] agstscript-zero errors on --hdu=0

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [sr #110952] agstscript-zero errors on --hdu=0
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 13:07:12 -0400 (EDT)

Update of sr #110952 (project gnuastro):

             Assigned to:                    None => sepideh

Follow-up Comment #4:

Thanks a lot Sepideh for the fast reply and suggested fix; and thanks also to
'danc' for confirming that the temporary solution worked.

Indeed, when the image is not already sky subtracted, it is important to
subtract the sky before estimating the zeropoint.

About a practical tutorial, we have two (they starts from downloading
pre-defined images and describe the logic behind every step/command shown):
https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Zero-point-of-an-image.html

If you do the tutorials once carefully (with the same data that is
given/used/described in the tutorials), hopefully everything will be clear and
you will be set to do it on any image :-).

I'll try to merge Sepideh's fix with the main Gnuastro source as soon as
possible. But fortunately that shouldn't be a problem for you any more (as you
mentioned, the sky subtracted image is no longer in the 0th HDU).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?110952>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/