gnuastro-devel

[bug #52295] Cosmology library integrals crash for high z

From: Thorsten Alteholz
Subject: [bug #52295] Cosmology library integrals crash for high z
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 13:14:22 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #1, bug#52295 (group gnuastro):

I assume gsl_integration_qng() was choosen for the reason that it is fast. So
I propose to check whether it could successful integrate and if it fails just
choose a slower function. Using gsl_integration_qag() did work in all cases
when gsl_integration_qng() fails, so I propose the following commit:

https://git.alteholz.dev/alteholz/gnuastro/-/commit/d74dbcbeca0f7893918189dc80dd22c1665cb973

The variable "error" needs to be renamed in order to use the error()
function.

I have no idea whether the numbers for higher values of z are calculated
correctly and have any physical meaning. At least up to z=2000 there is no
longer a core dump ...

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52295>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/