[open-cobol-list] cobol.el for emacs - for OpenCOBOL

From: Bill Klein
Subject: [open-cobol-list] cobol.el for emacs - for OpenCOBOL
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 00:10:36 -0600

I would have sworn that I had read somewhere about a (relatively new)
"cobol.el" file for OpenCOBOL and emacs.  I have searched the OpenCOBOL
website and done google and can't find one.

I can find:

http://tiny-cobol.sourceforge.net/docs/tiny-cobol-introduction-0.2/firstprog
ram.html

which tells me how to "install" a cobol.el, but the that it points to at:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/cobol/cobol.el?cvsroot=Cob
olForGCC.
isn't there any more.

I found another one that says it supports ANSI'85 COBOL pointed to by
  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CobolMode
and the cobol.el is at:
 http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/cobol-mode.el

but that doesn't include support for any of the OpenCOBOL features that
aren't in ANSI'85.

So my question is, is there an OpenCOBOL "cobol.el" anywhere?  If not, is
the one listed above the best around - or don't any of the people in this
list use "emacs" for COBOL editing?