Re: [open-cobol-list] Cobol / Linux / X-Windows

From: michael
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Cobol / Linux / X-Windows
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 14:21:21 -0500 (EST)

John wrote:

>It is easy with Tcl/Tk and Expect variant thereof to pass
>things back and forth to a COBOL program via ACCEPT and
>DISPLAY.  However the gotcha is that the Expect program is
>in charge.

John,

Could you attached and small example of the two programs you mentioned above?

I've been researching various methods used in COBOL user inerfaces. Many
companies running COBOL are still using character mode I/O. I've come
across a good windows GUI solution for COBOL, by purchasing a product call
COBOL SP2, it runs on Windows, and many other platforms using a Windows
Thin Client.

I still have NOT found a good GUI solution that is completely Windows
independent.

I've looked at Tcl/Tk, Java, and XUL, but never figured out how to call
them from COBOL..

Thanks in Advance,
Mike.
832-515-3868