Re: [gnugo-devel] Readconnect

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Readconnect
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 14:52:05 -0800

Tristan wrote:

> 90% is a challenge, what is the time limit you have in mind
> for connection reading ?
> 90% is doable, but doing it very fast may be hard.

I would guess that 90% is more than we need to consider the code
ready to start linking readconnect.c into the engine. At what
point does the engine work better using the code than not
using it?

Maybe we should link the code in right now on an experimental
basis, the same way the new semeai code is experimentally
linked in now.

About the time frame, there are important areas where new
reading code is needed:

(1) Semeai
(2) Combinations (atari_atari)
(3) Connections

Of these connections might well be the most important!
We see lots of big mistakes that can be attributed to
stupidity about connections.

Semeai are being worked on by myself, and combinations
by Gunnar and Inge. It would be good to get a reading
connection module working sometime during the spring of 2002.

One point is that you'll get help from us when we understand
what to do.

Dan